Thursday, April 10, 2008

Found one of my all-time-favorite designer's blogs today!

If you have never been to Nicky Ree's then let me just say you are missing some fabulous designs. I had the honor of meeting her, now on several occasions, and she is just the nicest and most talented clothing designers I have had the pleasure of meeting. And out of the blue I have found her blog. I never claimed to be the brightest bulb in the box ya'know. I will try to attach the link as a link this time. I believe the last time I mentioned a blog here, aka my wovwy widdle brudder's to be exact, blogspot thought perhaps I was spamming.

Nicky Ree is also very involved during Relay for Life and this year I was fortunate enough that my sweet darling SL husband helped me obtain one of her limited edition 'Mara' dresses. It is absolutely lovely, as are all my pieces from her different lines. Her custom textures are fabulous and her clothing templates are some of the best, bar none.

When I went to her blog today, I noticed that once again, her design elements and textures have been illegally swiped, AGAIN. By the same person! All the more reason NOT to patronize the works of Annejoy Paine of aDiva. And to be honest what I have seen of this artist, wait she is not an artist, no, of this thief's work, it is clearly cut rate in comparison to Nicky's. Why wear something that is clearly a copy? Some would say cost, but honestly, even with some of Nicky's complete collections, which give you sometimes 6-8 different ways to wear something, you are looking at about $L1600? or the equivalent of $7 usd? Remember this is for a collection. Why buy something substandard or a copycat version (which when translated to SL looks like a Megalomart rip off) when the original is so much nicer? And when the original designer is so customer service oriented and gives so much to charities like Relay for Life, I say support the original! Sometimes in real life we have to go for the bargain, but why cheat your second life? Double jeers to aDiva for lack of originality and blatant theft. (And where is Linden Labs during all this? Nicky has now filed 2 DMCA's through all this. What is up with that? I guess another rant for another time.)

Ok so maybe this was a rave turned to rant but I really can't say enough on Nicky Ree. She is truly an amazing lady, a savvy business woman and a great designer. And I say bravo to her and all her works.

No comments: